The Friendship Center a Co-Operative building
Owned by Glad Cheng
It is home to a variety of unique tenants and services.
Glad arrived in Muscatine several years ago with a dream of providing a “window” of understanding between China and the United States.
Since his arrival, he has contributed to Muscatine’s vitality and commerce, while also educating both Muscatine and China residents about our connection to their president Xi Jinping.
In light of Muscatine’s unique history with China, Glad founded the Global Center in an effort to truly realize his goal of enriching the world through enhanced education and communication between two very prominent global ‘superpowers’.
Additional Muscatine China Connection News
- The face of China in an Iowa river town
- Muscatine-China Connection
- Chinese cultural center to open in downtown Muscatine
- China’s President Xi Jinping Has Soft Spot For Muscatine, Iowa
- A Chinese Businessman Wants To Turn A Small Iowa Town Into The Midwest’s China Hub
- China’s Xi Jinping keeps Iowa close to his heart
- Muscatine counts on Chinese connection for tourism boost
Top – China Ambassodor Terry Brandstad, China President Xi Jinping, Sarah Lande, Governor Kim Reynolds, Mayor DeWayane Hopkins
Bottom – Grand Opening of the Friendship Center
In addition to this facility, there is also a Sino-US Friendship House.
You can Visit the house where Chinese President, Xi Jinping stayed when he first visited Muscatine in 1985.
Xi Jinping visited Muscatine when he was part of a delegation learning about modern agricultural techniques.
See photos and other memorabilia inside of the house commemorating the Muscatine-China relationship.
It is hoped that the Friendship Center can be a place where Muscatine residents, out-of-town visitors, and tourists from around the globe can visit in appreciation of Glad’s celebration of the prospects of world peace.